"Without some goal and some efforts to reach it, no man can live." - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Phone: (317) 860-2923
John M. Rogers
Before joining Rubin & Levin, Mr. Rogers was a partner with another prominent Indianapolis firm with an extensive practice in Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization, and was also a Lecturer with the Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington, Indiana from 2000-03. During approximately 25 years of practice in Indianapolis, he has represented both creditors and debtors in consumer cases under Chapters 7 and 13, and in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings, and has litigated many significant issues relating to reorganization law before bankruptcy courts, district courts, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to beginning his practice, Mr. Rogers was a Law Clerk to Justice Stanley B. Miller of the Indiana Court of Appeals, from 1980-82.
- Creditors' Rights
- Corporate Reorganization
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
Education and Bar Admissions
- Indiana State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1976 (M.A.) and 1979 (J.D.)
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 1973 (B.A.)
- Co-Author with Elliott D. Levin of “Dramatic Changes for Consumer and Business Debtors, and for Bankruptcy Attorneys,” addressing changes under the 2005 Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act, appearing in the November, 2005 edition of Res Gestae, the Journal of the Indiana State Bar Association (Vol 49, No. 4).
- In re Roete, 936 F.2d 963 (7th Cir. 1991)
- In re Woodbrook Assocs., 19 F.3d 312 (7th Cir. 1994).
- San Antonio Aerospace, L.P. v. ATA Airlines, Inc. , 2009 Bankr. LEXIS 650 (S.D. Ind. 2009).
- Global One Fin., Inc. v. Jennings , 2011 Bankr. LEXIS (S.D.Ind. 2011)
- Franklin Bank & Trust Co. v. Mithoefer,563 N.E.2d 551 (Ind. 1990).