Benjamin J. Shoptaw
Indiana Creditors’ Rights and Collection Lawyer
Attorney Ben Shoptaw’s practice focuses on helping creditors obtain and collect judgments, as well as representing businesses in commercial litigation matters.
His creditors’ rights representation focuses on helping creditors and collection agencies collect upon debt and satisfy judgments they have received. Ben advises various creditors, suppliers, and lenders in a variety of legal matters. In addition, Ben represents businesses in commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. Ben also represents creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
How I Help
I believe the best way to serve clients is to be as efficient and effective as possible. I tailor advice specifically to each client to provide the most beneficial results. This can mean taking one approach for one client that I would not take for another. My goal is to maximize our clients’ recovery at every step. I also focus on how clients can be more prepared and better protected in the future. No matter the issue, I work tirelessly to help our clients achieve the desired outcome.
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Collections and Litigation
- J. D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2018
- B. A. (History and Political Science), Indiana University, 2015
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association