Michael l. McDaniel
Indiana Software Lawyer & Physician Practice Attorney
Business attorney Michael “Mac” McDaniel’s practice is primarily devoted to representing entrepreneurs, high net-worth business owners, professionals, and professional practice groups (including physicians, veterinarians, and professional networks) in matters including business formation, business transactions, corporate governance, employment, and contract and agreement review, drafting, and negotiation.
Mac additionally represents and advises clients in a wide variety of industries concerning “soft” (non-patent) intellectual property matters, such as software licensing and trademark matters. Through his practice, Mac leverages years of professional experience in consulting, software, education, and community development.
Additionally, Mac advises clients, including entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses, in critical business decisions, such as formation/choice of entity, trademarks/intellectual property, financing, real estate, employment agreements, non-compete/non-solicit agreements, and insurance/risk management solutions. He also serves small to medium-sized businesses in a virtual general counsel capacity, often through providing counsel, advice, and representation in matters including business transactions, corporate compliance, and commercial litigation.
How I Help
Businesses exist for the purposes of generating and building value for their owners. I help business owners – including entrepreneurs, physicians, software developers, and “mom & pop owners – in seeking to further their objectives and protect their assets. I especially enjoy serving clients in an external “general counsel” role, and working with clients over the long-term in seeking to grow their business.
presentations / publications / cle
- “Advanced LLC Strategies on Special Allocations in Operating Agreements”; National Business Institute (2014)
- “Series LLC’s”; National Business Institute (2014)
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude, Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, IN (2013)
- Order of the Barristers and Moot Court Executive Committee of the Honorable Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition
- B.S. (Agriculture Economics), Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Certificate of Entrepreneurship (one of first three graduates of the program)
- G.A. Ross Award Finalist and Top Graduating Senior within Major
- Alumnus of Farmhouse Fraternity
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member of the Executive Committee for the Business Law Section (2016-current)
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member of the Executive Committee for the Networking Section (2014-2015)
- Boone County Purdue Alumni Association
- Zionsville Century Club