Matthew T. Barr
Indiana Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Attorney
Attorney Matt Barr’s practice is focused on helping creditors obtain and collect judgments, as well as representing trustees and other clients in bankruptcy matters.
His creditors’ rights representation is focused on enforcing security instruments and other contractual arrangements for the benefit of his clients, both before and after suit has been filed. In addition, Matt represents trustees and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings. In these settings his practice is often focused on recovering and securing assets that belong to the bankruptcy estate, as well as selling or otherwise disposing of estate assets for the benefit of creditors.
How I Help
My guiding philosophy is to put myself in the shoes of my clients. If this debt was owed to me personally, what would I want from my attorney? I believe that it is incumbent upon attorneys to constantly strive to provide effective and efficient services. Accordingly, I aim to bring to each case a tireless work ethic, attention to detail, devotion to preparation, and zealous advocacy on my clients' behalf.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Selected to the Indiana Rising Stars List in 2020 & 2021, composed of no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state under age 40 selected by Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2012
- B.A. (Political Science with distinction), Indiana University, 2009
- Indiana State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association