Morgan A. Decker
Indiana Business, Commercial Collections, and Bankruptcy Attorney
Morgan Decker is an associate attorney at Rubin & Levin, P.C., where she assists clients in navigating business related legal matters, commercial collections and bankruptcy matters. Ms. Decker has practiced within the bankruptcy realm as debtor’s counsel for over ten years. As debtor’s counsel, Ms. Decker represented individuals in Chapters 7 and 13. She counseled debtors on future financial wellness and advised them of potential issues involving preferences and/or fraudulent conveyances. She also assisted clients by reviewing for potential assets and providing solutions through asset protection planning or restructuring.
Morgan is very active with the Indianapolis Bar Association, where she has served as Chair of the Solo and Small Firm Division, Treasurer and Secretary of Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Section, and Chair of “The Seat is Yours” committee focused on enhancing diversity and inclusion throughout the legal profession. Her efforts for the profession led to her being honored by the Indianapolis Bar Foundation as a Distinguished Fellow in 2023.
Morgan is also active in her community. She has previously or currently volunteers with the Center for Women & Girls, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, Bloom Project, Credit Abuse Resistance Education (C.A.R.E) Project, and as a member of the Pro bono Panel for the United States Southern District of Indiana Bankruptcy Court.
In 2023 Morgan was recognized by Junior Achievement’s Indy’s Best & Brightest as a finalist in the law category and she was also selected by the Indianapolis Bar Association for the President’s Award for Service to the Association.
HOW I HELP
I assist clients by providing advice and results specifically tailored to their needs. A great attorney must be able to see multiple perspectives and arguments to efficiently navigate their clients through the complex world we live in today. My ability to view legal matters from multiple perspectives allows me to provide efficient yet thorough analyses of my clients’ issues so they are better prepared, informed and protected and achieve the desired results they seek.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section Executive Committee Member
- Bar Leader series Class XVI Member
- Chair – Small and Solo Firm Division (2023)
- Member Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section (Treasurer 2022; Secretary 2023)
- Committee Chair – The Seat is Yours
- Recipient, President’s Award for Service to the Association (2023)
- Member – American Bankruptcy Institute
- Distinguished Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indy’s Best & Brightest, finalist in Law Category (2023)
ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS
- 2022 Neil Shook Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Roundtable, Articles and Topics: “Discharge of fines on state licensees” and “Appreciation of property values after filing but before conversion,” Indianapolis Bar Association, April 29, 2022
- The Road through the Bankruptcy Code: A primer on navigating and preventing common business situations in bankruptcy, National Association of Credit Managers, May 24, 2022
- 2022 Consumer Law Update: Consumer Issues in the COVID Era, Indianapolis Bar Association, January 20, 2022
- Business and Bankruptcy: The Road Through the Code, Indianapolis Bar Association, April 28, 2021
- Pro bono Panel Attorney, United States Southern District of Indiana Bankruptcy Court Pro Bono Panel
- Volunteer, Education Committee Member Credit Abuse Resistance Education (C.A.R.E) – National C.A.R.E and Indianapolis Chapter
- Board Member, Chair of the Development Committee, Secretary to the Board, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- Volunteer, Board Member, Governance Committee Co-Chair, Bloom Project, Inc.
- Task Force Member – Center for Excellence for Women & Girls
- Commercial Collections and Litigation
- Debtors’ & Creditors’ Rights
- Trustee Representation
- J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2008
- B.S., Indiana University, 2005
- United States District Court – Southern District
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Southern District of Indiana
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of Indiana